lørdag 22. september 2012

Warhammer Independent Store: Mexico

Gamer's Den in Cancun


Hello!
I've been kinda all over the place this past few weeks so I have not been able to work with my stuff as much as I'd like, but here is the progress. My pistachio is drilled but I'm not so fond of the result, maybe I'll have to start over or maybe I'll paint it, that could be fun. On the Captain I have made some more progress. I was in Cancun last week and I found one of the few gaming places that sell GW products in Mexico, (well, in Cancun anyway) I've had a hard time finding these forgotten stores around Mexico, were the majority are located in Mexico City (fine job I did finding them). The name of the store is "Gamer's Den" and the reason I found this lonely store was because of a White Dwarf I bought in Tuxtla Gutierrez. (If you follow my other blogs, you'l know how I got hold of this magazine)
 Well, the adress was totaly wrong but a little detective work helped some. And google maps ofcourse. Anyway, like I always do when I find a store is to try to meet the gamers and to take a looksee on the figures they make. There were some good convertions here, and I was a little amazed of how creative this dudes were. I mean, GW does not have the same presence here like in Europe or the US, so the guys have to work with whatever they've got. The figures have to be imported and well, the guy running the place is doing his best to have some assortment, but the prices are high, the demand low and the shipping time long. In spite of all these factors he keeps the warhammer flame burning and tries his best to keep the gamers happy.




Some of the players



And they were spraying a Rhino.



Well, I did spend some time here. I was on the store on three different occasions. The first one I met some of the players, hearing how they paint, play and live their life here in sunny Cancun. The second day I took my stuff to paint some. Had to finnish sanding the shoulder pads of my captain. I met other players there, some from yesterday and some new ones. Hugo was amongs the new guys and he allready knew who I was, haha, those roumors. Anyway, he was going to start with Warhammer 40k, and needed some pointers on how to paint. He was trying to buy the Black Reach starter set. There is a ton of good figures that are easy enough for a newcomer to paint. The figures are plain and don't have a lot of details. That is one thing we talked about. The new starter set, "Dark Vengeance" got tons of figures and they look amazing (my good buddy Kjell bought me the new set a couple of weeks back. Thanks Brushan) but that's the thing. Too much detail can be kinda overwhelming for a newcomer. Anyway, Hugo wanted to get his mitts on the Black Reach just to have the space marines in the box. My best guess is that he is going to go with the Ultramarines chapter, but he might as well do a chapter of his own and a different color whatsoever. I'm looking forward to see how it all went and what he decides on doing.
Oki, enough talk, here are the pictures.


Heroclix match with Hugo



The stores supply of Warhammer



Here's the pistachio, uhmm... Idon't know if I'll paint it.



Here's the cap. Shoulderpads painted.



Upside down? Dunno what happened with the pictures.



Here too, Strange...



Well, here is a close up on the pad.



Ah, and this one is waiting for me back home. Sweet!







Next up...
Third day, Tyranids and more pics.




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar