onsdag 29. august 2012

The Fang!



Competition time! Two months ago I was competing at the Norwegian Fang competition. It was a painting competition for miniature painters like me.
I and kjell wanted to participate and so we found the rules and started painting. 


There wer 11 categories
I was going to participate on 4 0f them. Single 40k.miniature, 40k.Squad, 40k.Vehicle and ..... 
Kjell was going to participate on other categories because he had a lot of Fantasy minis and I had only 40k. Think the only category we both were going to be in was the vehicle one. He had a stompa, with inbuilt lights and I had just a Land Speeder storm with scouts. 
Well, pictures tell more about the stuff than words.





The table with much of it entries.



Warhammer Monsters cat, I think. The one with the cannon is Kjell's



Warhammer regiment category. Kjell painted those four Ogres.



Warhammer single category. Kjell's Flamebelcher is there.



Warhammer single cat.



40k Monstrous creatures cat.. None of us had any entry there.



Monstrous creatures cat.



40k. Vehicle cat. My Landspeeder and Kjell's Stompa.



40k. Vehicle cat. The big one is Kjell's Stompa with light up features.




beautyfully made diorama. The Open category.




The juniors fast painting competition. Me and Kjell chilli'n at the corner.



The 40k single category. I had one entry here. The running guy with the Thunder Hammer.



The 40k Squad category. Had my legion of the damned here.




Open cat. I liked them wolfes.



Winner of the 40k Singles.




Winner of the 40k vehicles.




Kjell won Fantasy Monsters category! Woohoo!




He also won the Warhammer Singles! YATAAAA!





Winner of the 40k Monstrous creatures.




I won the Open Category with my Honour Guard.




I don't have the other categories, but had about 2 more second places while I just had one with my Legion of the damned.



Off all the winning categories one was supposed to be the overall winner. Guess ho won!
I do not have to tell you how happy I was!




Here I have some pictures of the other entries. A little close up on the models.

My legionares. Worked a lot with the eyes to make them look like they glowed. They got me a second place on the 40k squad cat.



I entered this one on the 40k singles.



And the Land Speeder. With scouts. Took me a while to finnish this one.



Really worked on the exhaust engines to give them that "hot" glow.
Used the Forge World weathering powder on this one. Nice result would I say.



Enough showing off here with my not so expert pieces. I'll post more stuff here of future projects.
I'll show u a old Vindicator that I bought online. I have a lot of work with it.



Next Up...
Old school vindicator...


1 kommentar: