onsdag 10. april 2013

Painting Hawk Lords in Chile pt.2



Here is the second part of the stuff I have been doing here in Chile.
I've had lots of fun painting these models and trying new techniques. I found out that a little acrilic retardant can do wonders while you try to wet blend colors.





Below is my first fully painted and magnetised Predator tank. AND I put on a small motor to make the turret turn. It actually works pretty fine. I just need a small button and a soldering iron to have it 90% finnished. the remaining 10% are the Hawk Lords decals, some weathering ( with weathering powder ) and some purity seals that I want to glue on. Oh, and ofcourse the smoke launchers :) In terms of painting I wanted it to be heavely weathered with chipped paint all over.
The first pics here are from the tank without squad marking.










The small motor. I can actually take the whole tank apart if I want to make some "maintenance"



And everything is magnetized. 



I can change the tank from a "Destructor" pattern to a "Annihilator"





Here I got some markings on the tank. The significance will be revealed on the 
Hawk Lords Blog in due time ;)







Wanting to do sommething else other than Hawk Lords, I bought  myself a Dark Angel Captain and started to work on him. I must say that I'm rather pleased with the result.
It is also the first time I try to wet blend. Took me a while, but I guess the result was okei enough. I just need more practice.



There were some deformities on the power sword. Finecast can be a bi@tch sommetimes.
That made the sword to be a little uneven on some parts.






Banner is magnetized to the backpack for easy transportation.



I had some wild parts and decided to make another Dark Angel and a Iron Hands Sergeant.No markings on the Sergeant since I do not have the kind of markings he needs with me.






Next up...
Interview with a Wargamer.....

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar