mandag 22. juli 2013

Interview with a wargamer: Ordo Australis pt.1



Ordo Australis
Well, I do have a kick ass interview with Francisco, but I need some additional pics from him to complete it and since he has been ultra busy these last month’s I do have to push his post a little further down so I could continue to keep on posting. But as soon I get the pictures I’ll put the interview here.

Now, let’s talk about the Ordo Australis and how I got to know them. One of the times I dropped by Guild Dreams to talk with the guys there, Francisco told me that the Ordo Australis gaming club was going to have a meeting first coming weekend. And since he knew that I was running around taking pictures of wargamers and their figures, he invited me to the event. The Ordo Australis is a club of wargames situated in Santiago. They meet once a week to play different types of boardgames and wargames. So, I was kinda exited to meet so many gamers and was looking forward to the weekend.  
Well, the weekend arrived and I went back to Santiago. I had to meet Francisco first since I had no idea where the clubhouse was. Thankfully he was kind enough to meet up with me first before we headed down to the battle site, heh.
At the site I met up with the Ordo Australis gamers and I began to take some nice pictures of the battles that were fought there (and the figures).







Tau vs. Imperial Guard


Really good looking Imperial Guard. Nice paintjob.


Devilfish


Some Crisis battlesuits ready for action


Stealtsuits lurking


Another battlefield. This time Grey Knights vs. the forces of Chaos!


Chaos cultists


Here we have one of the Warmachine tables.






Blood Bowl



Blood Bowl, Space Hulk, Warmachine and Warhammer, all those games were played at the clubhouse that evening. I must say that the Chilenean community is by far the biggest I’ve seen so far here in Latin America (so far). Many of these guys go way back in time, having played 3rd edition and maybe older versions of warhammer and other obscure games. 
On the next post I’ll show you guys more from my day with the Ordo Australis.

oh yeah, here is a little link to the Ordo Australis site. There you have links to their facebook page and the usual forums.


Of course, the forums are in Spanish ;)


Next up…
Tyranids and Warmachine

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar