tirsdag 12. mars 2013

Warhammer Independent Stores: Chile, Guild Dreams

Guild Dreams in Santiago


Allright!
Now that I'm in Chile I started to search for the nearest GW store or independent retailer. Found out that there is no GW store here in Chile, heck, there is no official GW store in all of Latin America :(
Anyways, the nearest independent retailer that does sell Warhammer was in Santiago. I did find 3 potentially good places to go to.

The first one was "Guild Dreams", the second was "Entre Juegos" and the third was "Mirax."
Second time in Santiago by myself I found the 3 places really easy. Guild Dreams is in Providencia near "Los Leones" Subway station, just a 2-4 min walk. So was "Entre Juegos".
Mirax is situated on Apumanque mall. The Subway station has the same name. The store is on the 3rd floor right beside the food court. Huge place, selling all kind of models and toys. They do have a good sellection of Warhammer but the clerks don't know squat about it. Entre Juegos didn't had any Warhammer stuff, it did not sell well and the guy running the place discontinued it. It did have all kinds of other board games, but I was not looking for that sort of stuff.
Subway line 1 (the red one) is the one to grab to get to Los Leones and it's the same line to get to Mirax in Apumanque. It's Super easy! If your going by car the adress to Guild Dreams is Av. 11 De Septiembre 2212 Providencia. To get to Mirax just search for Apumanque Mall and you can't go wrong :)


Los Leones Subway station.

If u go out this way from the subway, then you are on the right path
to Guild Dreams.



Links:

Here is the online store to Mirax. Here you can see what's in stock.
www.mirax.cl

Here's a link to Guild Dreams online store :)
http://www.guildreams.com/index.php




In Guild Dreams I found the heart of the Warhammer community here in Santiago, of course the store does not only sell GW stuff, they have other board games like Call of Cthulhu, Age of Conan,The Walking dead, Horus Heresy, Battlestar Galactica and card games like YuGiOh, Pokemon, Magic and more.

In Guild Dreams I met up with the lady that runs the place and she introduced me to the head honcho of the Guild Dream Warhammer community. He's name is Francisco and he is one heck of a nice guy. He showed me around and told me that they usualy meet up to paint and play on mondays, tuesdays and fridays. He told me about the army he was collecting and I told him that next time we met up I would love to make a little interview. Y'know, taking pictures of his army and hearing about what made him chose it and so on.
The ones I could make a quick interview with was Fransciscos girlfriend Anita and Claudio, that was painting a mini.




Anita, concentrated on the work at hand!






Anita has been wargaming for about 2 years now, The army she is collecting is an Eldar army. It's a self-made Eldar Clan (Hmm... Dunno what the eldar call it. Craftworld Clan maybe? I know that the SM have Chapters) Anyway, It's Anita's Rainbow Eldar!
She likes to paint them with different vibrant colours, no rigorous color pattern. She paints until she is happy witht the result. "They have only to be with lot's of beautifull colors" quoted Anita.
Asked if they had any fluff, but there was none. These Eldar only wants to live in peace, but if attacked they will defend themselves.

On to a more technical front I asked some other stuff.

-What kind of paint do you use? Only Citadel?
Anita:  "Not only Citadel paints, Although, I use them a lot. but I also use some from the Vallejo range"

-Got some convertions?
Anita: "yes, this one is a really nice looking one" (She showed me a good looking eldar sitting on a jetbike. SAnita... I lost the picture of your Eldar. Will you ever forgive me?)

-It's a conversion, right? I'm not too familiar with the Eldar y'know.
Anita: "Yes, I used different bits to put him together"

-Sweet.... It looks awesome...




After the conversation with Anita, I got the chance to bother another dude that was sitting there.
His name was Claudio and he is a Wargaming veteran...
Claudio has been playing since 4th edition Warhammer (Fantasy) and has played Bloodbowl to WarMachine. Now he was sitting in the store for some relaxation time to paint a Imperial Noble. That is a metal figure from the old game, Warhammer Quest.



Claudio painting his Noble dude



And here we got his Imperial Noble. Nice looking figure and a great pose.



Well, I took some more pictures of the store and had a little friendly chat witht the guys while they painted their figures :)




The guys here, concentrated on their work. That's the spirit!



After a while I had to get going, cos' it's a 2 hour bus drive home to Villa Alemana from Santiago.
I bought me some paint and some new brushes. Talked to Francisco and next time we could meet up he'll bring part of his army of Space Marines (The Scarlet Wyrm Chapter) for a shoot of pictures not bolters, heh...




Next up....
Bikes, Marines and Predators, oh my!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar